Thursday, January 6, 2011

Sitting around waitin' on two pink lines....

I do not have a face to see or put inside a frame
I do not have a hand to hold, I don't yet have a name
All this will change come May, that's when they say I'm due
I'm your new grandson or granddaughter and I can't wait to meet you!

My new big sister Emma will be my best friend
she'll teach me all the things she knows like who's the president
My mama keeps me safe and holds me close inside
she's so excited that I'm coming, that when she told daddy she cried
My daddy loves us all so much and takes good care of us
I must be destined to be someone great to have them make such a fuss

All I ask between now and then is your patience while I grow
It's amazing how those two little pink lines = so much love and hope
So I better get back to growing, I'll try not to be late
Please keep me in your prayers, I promise I'll be worth the wait!

Written September 1st, 2009 at my mother-in-laws house in N. Little Rock, Arkansas

No comments:

Post a Comment